About the Network
Learn more about us
To enhance the delivery of care and create lasting improvements in outcomes for patients with musculoskeletal conditions in our local community.
To establish a musculoskeletal community of practice including clinicians and researchers to:
- Connect and collaborate to promote change in our healthcare community.
- Generate clinically relevant research that makes meaningful differences in our patients’ lives.
- Break down barriers between research and clinical practice physiotherapy, across disciplines and between stakeholders (like consumers and care funders).
The key outcomes for the network are to:
- Improve knowledge and research translation.
- Solve implementation issues in our local community.
- Promote quality of practice with medical professionals, external stakeholders (like private insurance companies) and other allied health clinicians.
Our Strategic Plan
Collaborate to consolidate evidence for improved practice standards and patient care
Amplify research translation and knowledge dissemination
Evaluate partnership options and cultivate collaborations
Grow and engage membership
The Network is proudly sponsored by NSW Regional Health Partners (NSWRHP) and Clarity imaging. Strategic direction and decisions regarding the Network are made by a steering committee. Members of the Network can nominate themselves or others for Network leadership roles as they become available.
The Network has over 150 members. We started as a physiotherapy network and now have expanded to include other musculoskeletal clinicians including: general practitioners, sports physicians, orthopaedic surgeons, radiologists, podiatrists, and exercise physiologists, as well as musculoskeletal researchers.
Our Network currently represents 53 clinics across the greater Newcastle region, as well as leading researchers from Hunter New England Health, the University of Newcastle, Charles Sturt University, and the University of Sydney.
Membership is open to clinicians and researchers working in musculoskeletal health care in the Greater Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Maitland area. If you’re interested in joining the Network, please contact us.
connect with the network
Send us a message if you would like to know more about the Network or express your interest in becoming a member.